Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

Been watching the early hype and so far it's all Colts Colts Colts.

What is wrong with these people?

"The 1985 Bears were a great team. Loved that Walter Payton. And speaking of Payton, how about that Peyton Manning? Isn't he the best quarterback in the Whole Wide World Since The Dawn Of Time? He is unstoppable. Yessiree, the Colts are going to be exciting to watch. I wonder how many minutes of the game it will take until they establish dominance? I'm betting 10 minutes, Bob. In fact, I think they might as well just end the game at half time. Or do you think that's too generous to the Bears, Bob?"

Not that Da Bears need any hyping, of course. But jeeeeeeezers!

UPDATE: I actually just heard one of these announcer yahoos call this "The Peyton Manning Super bowl." And a few minutes ago one of them said, essentially, that if the Colts lose it's because Peyton Manning choked. I hope the Bears kick their asses.

UPDATE 2: Depression -- Bears defeated.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope Lovie takes Rex with him to Dallas.

7:55 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

It isn't Lovie who's going to Dallas, is it? I thought it was Rivera. Anyway, too depressed to discuss. :-(

8:02 AM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my usual boycott of all sports news after the loss. I really didn't see any coverage other than da Bears deplaning at O'Hare. I may recover a bit today. And yes, Rivera is a strong candidate to leave but the rumors began with Lovie. And, after the game, I was in a 'Lovie let us down' mood by being so stubborn in backing Rex. Rex will get better but all the Bears needed was competent quaterback that wouldn't make the mistakes Rex made and they could have won. It would have been huge to pull Rex in that game but did anyone feel comfortable with him in there in the 4th quarter? Anyway, Go Cubs.

7:06 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

Still... not... recovered.

9:15 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home