Friday, September 12, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing?

This strikes me as much ado about nothing:
GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: I have not and I think if you go back in history and you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer.

Apparently every VP of the past 30 years or so has met foreign heads of state but so what? I don't really see how that is an important pre-req for the office.

I am much, much more concerned (horrified, really) that she thought Freddie & Fannie were directly supported by taxpayers prior to the bailout and that she hasn't a clue what the Bush Doctrine is.

A VP candidate doesn't need to be well traveled and well versed in hobnobbing with heads of state but I do think they should be well educated and well informed about what I consider to be very, very basic components of our economic and foreign policies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home