Thursday, September 11, 2008

They Make Comments

As a conservative blogger shows concern over Palin's ABC interview performance, one Republican voter argues for Palin in the comments section:

she did fine and held her own.

To expect her to be flawless is to ignore the fact that her appeal is that she’s one of us and not some Meet the Press policy wonk that farts dust like Biden.

elduende on September 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I must say, I have never understood this increasingly popular argument. My ego is not so fragile that I need to have a president (or vp) who I perceive as my intellectual equal in office so that I might feel good about myself. I want the brightest, wisest, and most educated person in the country in that office (not that it ever quite works out that way but it's what I want).

At one time Americans recognized greatness and it made us aspire to be great ourselves. Now apparently we find the greatness of others to be threatening to our own self worth.

Most of the time this is the basis of the modern day "elitist" accusation.

I find it really bizarre and it makes me sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home