Thursday, December 06, 2007

Blog Evolution

When I started Think, Dammit! in August of 2006 there were already 50 million blogs on the internet. By April of this year the number had jumped to 70 million blogs... with 120 thousand new blogs being created every day. Phenomenal.

There were several reasons that having a blog appealed to me. The first was because I had something to say (fortunately I didn't mind that nobody was listening except my mom because that was the only traffic I got back then). The second was because it not only forced me to coalesce my thoughts, it double dog dared me to commit them to record. The third was simply the draw of carving out a little space for myself.

Almost immediately I found it to be a really great way to vent, and politics proved to be the perfect subject matter for venting. Inner unhappiness = outer hostility = blog rant. Think, Dammit! served its purpose well.

The one thing about life is that it doesn't stand still... the living are always in motion. Sometimes its undirected motion and sometimes its unintended motion and sometimes it's even unrecognized motion until you wake up one day and realize that an evolution has begun. The person you are has started to lean toward the person you're becoming.

Looking back over the past few months I can see that my posts are becoming a little less about politics and a little more about other things. This hasn't been a conscious effort on my part so much as a natural reflection of my own changing interests. In this case it's a good thing. It hasn't been a great few years but I think finally things are coming into balance.

Maybe this will make it a little less interesting around here, I don't know. I still like to talk about politics and I'm sure I'll still be occasionally provoked into a good rant. The difference is that I'm not feeling terribly uptight at the moment... and I'm gonna go with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home