Friday, November 30, 2007

A Very Special Friday


Today is the last day I have to spend in this shiteous job. On Monday I begin a job that embraces new marketing concepts, creates value for our customers, and generates (hopefully soon -- fingers crossed!) profit for the company. This is opposed to my current focus on offshoring jobs with the explicit purpose of putting US workers out of work to cut cost... even where it doesn't make sense and isn't to anyone's benefit (try motivating yourself to get out of bed and do that every day).

This isn't to say my new division is Utopian by any means but I will be creating instead of destroying and you have no idea how grateful I am for that distinction. I'm even starting to feel a stirring of something vaguely familiar... something I used to feel with regard to my career... ambition.

It's taken 9 months of focused effort to escape (the division I'm leaving is notoriously hard to move out of) but here it is. And I'm sooooo ready. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the Universe.

Happy Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home