Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day


A very happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!

We got a thin layer of sloppy wet snow yesterday, our first of the season. Fortunately our regular pub is only about half a mile up the road so the snow didn't wreck havoc on our pre-Thanksgiving celebration. Or our pre-pre-Thanksgiving celebration over at Mom's.

Kirsten arrived around 6 a.m. this morning and promptly crept downstairs for some sleep (she worked all night and drove down from Madison directly). While we're heading back to Mom's for the day with my other sibs, the girls are heading out to see their dad's family before joining up with us later. As well as my ex and I have learned to get along, twelve years later the split holidays are still a bit of a drag. On the bright side, it'll be a few hours that I won't have to listen to Ryan and KK fight.

Tomorrow we're heading to a friend's annual Glug making party. If you've never had Glug let me assure you it's horrible... stay far, far away from it. If the sweetness of the brandies doesn't kill you, the Everclear will. But it's the one time of the year we get to see this particular crowd together and we haven't been good about hitting all the previous years parties so we're definitely overdue. I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Love to my local clan, my Texas clan, my Illinois clan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home