Friday, January 11, 2008

The Big Night

For the past six weeks I've been managing a complex project full time, trying to make a given date deadline. Tonight it all comes to fruition. At midnight I become the command and control point for about fifteen people focused on making this thing happen.

As of this morning, all of my planning is done. The i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. Now I'm relaxing, surfing the net, trying not to let myself get too anxious.

I used to live for this kind of adrenaline rush and I used to be good at command and control. It's been a few years, though... 4 or 5? Now I'm just hoping I'm not too old for it... it requires a certain amount of focus and energy, neither of which I'm exuding these days.

Anyway, by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning I will either be exhausted and euphoric or exhausted and depressed.

Wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home