Friday, September 19, 2008

Here's The Thing

I do not like it when there are things going on in the world that I don't fully understand but are affecting me just the same... ignorance being an undeniably poor position from which to navigate. So I spin around like a top trying to stay one step ahead, trying to stay informed, trying to sharpen my perceptions. Attempted omniscience as a means of warding off the gross manipulations that have historically been bestowed on the unaware.

But I give up.

Really.

This current financial crisis is just so over my head. Also, every mendacious word spewing from this year's election cycle (a year when there's so much of our future at stake) has brought a wave of outrage so strong that it's overwhelming my sense of proportion.

There is no earnest search for truth, or accumulated knowledge, that can negate this feeling of powerless, of being completely and utterly at the mercy of what is beyond my control to affect. Most of the time I feel like I'm screaming into the wind.

It's maddening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home