Monday, September 08, 2008

Freddie and Fannie? Never Met 'Em.

Hmmm. Looks like Ms Mooseburgers veered off her script and made a teensy little boo-boo that demonstrates a great big scary ignorance:
McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, speaking in Colorado Springs, Colo., said Fannie and Freddie had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, however, aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization.
True, this is complicated stuff. I spent a lot of time yesterday researching on the net to get my head wrapped around it all. But for God's sake, at least I knew F&F were private. Does she understand that the "fix" is actually bringing them in-house?

Palin is Tina Fey cute and all, and everyone loves the story of the lipstick wearing pit bull reformer, but don't we want someone who's, oh, I don't know... informed, educated... in the White House?

BTW, my very good friend, Fishhead, says there's no need for Obama to go out of his way to attack her... he thinks she's going to implode naturally when people get a chance to hear her speak. I hope so but I don't have much faith in my fellow Americans at this point. They'll probably just accuse the "liberal media" of picking on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home