Saturday, December 29, 2007

Let's Make A Deal

I continue to get flack (off-line) for posting about astrology.

*sigh

Here's the thing: I don't care if you believe in astrological influences or not. I'm not trying to sell it to you. I'm not trying to convince you it's sound science. I'm telling you why it appeals to my mind with its cycles and archetypes.

I find astrology to be at least as interesting as, and perhaps more plausible than, the idea that God came down from heaven and physically impregnated a chosen virgin in order to give humanity a savior. Or that Noah stuffed 32 million species in a wooden arc right before God flooded the Earth by raining on it for 40 days. Or that dinosaurs roamed the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve. Or that Moses parted the Red Sea.

But do I, as an agnostic, tell you how crazy all that shit sounds to my simple mind? No.

So please... shhhhh. Live and let live. I promise I won't wage a war to post the signs of the Zodiac in courtrooms or insist on teaching astrology in classrooms alongside astronomy.

Dealio?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home