Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Obama And The Patriotic Flair Nazis

The ridiculousness of these people just KILLS me. This is what passes as news at Fox? Apparently Obama needs to plaster himself with flag pins before subverting the constitution and lying to constructively misleading the American people. Patriotism starts at the lapel, people!

I am reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies, "Office Space," where Joanna's Chotchkie's manager, Stan, lectures her on the importance of flair:

STAN
Joanna? Would you come here for a moment, please?

JOANNA
I'm sorry. I was late. I was having lunch.

STAN
I need to talk about your flair.

JOANNA
Really? I have 15 buttons on. I, uh, (shows him)

STAN
Well, ok, 15 is minimum, ok?

JOANNA
Ok.

STAN
Now, it's up to you whether or not you want
to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian,
for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a
terrific smile.

JOANNA
Ok. Ok, you want me to wear more?

STAN
Look. Joanna.

JOANNA
Yeah.

STAN
People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, ok?
They come to Chotchkie's for the atmosphere
and the attitude. That's what the flair's about.
It's about fun.

JOANNA
Ok. So, more then?

STAN
Look, we want you to express yourself, ok?
If you think the bare minimum is enough, then ok.
But some people choose to wear more and we encourage
that, ok? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

JOANNA
Yeah. Yeah.

STAN
Great. Great. That's all I ask.

JOANNA
Ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home