Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Behold my godson, Lincoln, as the cutest little "deviled egg" in the world!

My own little hobgobblins will be disguised this Halloween as well. Ryan will be a screaming ghoulie thing, a costume he built around his weapon of choice -- a plastic scythe. KK was going to be Hannah Montana until she removed the blond wig we bought from its package and discovered it looked more like randomly frizzy, deranged Barbie hair than anything Ms Montana would sport. I tried to convince her to reuse the hair as "Tabloid Britney" but she wouldn't go for it. Such a pity! She decided to create her own costume instead, "Kaitlyn-in-a-Box", which took some creative effort on her part and ended up being quite cleverly done. Kirsten is going as a UW student wannabe who is working in a Calzone joint while establishing residency to qualify for in state tuition.

I may still get my $13 out of that blond wig, though. I'm thinking about dressing as Trailer Park Barbie Mobile Home Community Barbie. Heavy make up, denim mini-skirt, black bra under Ryan's mesh practice jersey, Budweiser can in one hand (almost empty, of course), ciggie in the other. Shoes sold separately. Totally authentic.

Maybe too authentic... I'm pretty sure the neighbors would still recognize me. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you're entire fam is creative! I'll be answering the door donned in black, with just the most subtle bite marks on my neck, arm, ankle ...?... biters choice (teehee) behind closed doors. Course that's just my little fantasy, if he was really here, I'd be to busy to answer the door for little gobblins!

11:55 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

Hah... I know which Girl Genius posted this! And I assume the vampiric subject of your fantasy costume is Alex? Not that I have anything against fictional tv characters played by hunky Aussie actors who look strikingly like certain boy band members from the good ol' days.

Girl's gotta have her dreams, you know?

12:02 PM, October 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you're gonna dream, I say have magnum dreams!

12:05 PM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

LOL... you are a very frisky GG (but of course that's only one of the reasons we love you).

12:08 PM, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home