Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recommended Reading

Mom and I were talking the other night about how difficult it's been to try to piece together exactly what caused the economy to implode, what the options are for containing the damage, and how to assess the downstream impact for implementing any of those options. As I told her, it's nearly impossible for me -- as a non-finance industry person -- to come up with any kind of opinion on the matter. I am just kind of emotionally stuck between incredulity and outrage.

Anyway, this morning I read an article called The End of Wall Street's Boom. Written by the author of Liar's Poker, Michael Lewis, it's possibly the most riveting tale I've read on the topic to date. It doesn't provide any insight on what can be done to fix the current crisis but it sure illuminates all of the moving parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home