Thursday, November 06, 2008

Palin Meets The Bus

Is Palin getting thrown under the bus by her own campaign? I have no idea... and I don't really care.

It's possible that some of the stories about her are exaggerated but her lack of basic knowledge is irrefutable (unless you are so deeply in denial as to disavow evidentiary fact). Argue the nuance all you want but the woman was simply unqualified to be anywhere near the presidency. I'll assert my Midwest common sense here: If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and talks like a duck... it's a god damned duck.

Palin may be cool, hip, sexy, fiesty, etc, but nobody should have to be tutoring a 44 year old vice presidential candidate on basic, elementary facts.

You like her? Great. Send her a letter of support. Put her picture on your wall. Aspire to be like her. Invite her for a beer. Move to Alaska. Join the AIP. Whatever. Do NOT put her a heart beat away from Oval Office.

I am astonished by how many wingers are online and on TV demanding that we believe she's the future of the Republican party, indignant that anyone would dare point out the obvious flaws of her candidacy. You know what? I really do hope she is the future of the Republican party. I believe she represents about 36% of the population perfectly -- a guaranteed minority. The remaining 64% of us will chart our own course.

In the meantime, Fox has more scoop as O'Reilly drills Carl Cameron:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home