Wednesday, October 01, 2008

We Loves Us Some Regular Folk!

Could you name a Supreme Court decision other than Roe v Wade that you disagreed with? Sarah Palin couldn't. D'oh!

Don't get me wrong -- I couldn't cite a dozen bad decisions. Certainly, though, I can name one. Kelo still pisses me off pretty good. Does the SCOTUS refusal to hear the domestic spying case count? That pissed me off, too. Really, unless someone is completely apathetic they could probably name at least one decision they disagree with.

So I guess we're all supposed to sleep easy tonight knowing that the wingnut base (or at least those who can't name a Supreme Court decision they disagreed with other than Roe v Wade) seem to find Palin's ignorance charming. Or at least as charming as Bush's trademark mispronunciation of nuclear. Yep, obviously Grade A prez material, that Palin. A mere heartbeat away...

Our new national fascination with mediocrity... I don't get it. I wish someone could explain it to me. Compare and contrast Biden and Palin in the video clip below and tell me if you find Palin's ignorance charming. If you do, please drop me a line and tell me why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home