Friday, September 26, 2008

The Traveling Class

More Palin-Couric interview tidbits are surfacing.

Here's Palin commenting on not having gotten a passport until she was 42:
"I'm not one of those who maybe come from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduated college and their parents get them a passport and a backpack and say, 'Go off and travel the world.' Noooo. I worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life, until I had kids. ... I was not part of, I guess, that culture."
She's definitely right with this one. Once you start having kids, unless you are well off enough to cart them around with you, your traveling days are mostly suspended. I am happy to report, however, that it is entirely possible to be brilliant and educated without ever leaving the United States.

Unfortunately for Palin, she is neither of those things.

The Alaska governor rolled her eyes when discussing how her comment "I can see Russia from my house," was, as Couric put it, "mocked" by reporters.

Couric pressed, asking why Russia's visibility enhances her foreign policy credentials.

"Well, it certainly does," Palin replied. "Our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home