Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dobson's Anti-McCain Crusade

What James Dobson says (via Sully):
"I'm deeply disappointed the Republican Party seems poised to select a nominee who did not support a Constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage, who voted for embryonic stem cell research to kill nascent human beings, who opposed tax cuts that ended the marriage penalty, and who has little regard for freedom of speech, who organized the Gang of 14 to preserve filibusters, and has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language."
See... I happen to agree with McCain on all of those things (the freedom of speech comment refers to the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform legislation). I kind of admire McCain... if he wasn't a conservative and if there wasn't a bunch of stuff I disagreed with him on, I might actually vote for him.

On the other hand, I don't care much for Romney, who dopes like Limboob and Hannity insist is the proper conservative candidate. The real Massachusetts Mitt, though, before his GOP makeover, would probably be closer to my world view on policy.

I continue not to get these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home