Saturday, January 26, 2008

O-bam-a!

So... the plan for the evening was to make an early dinner and then watch the South Carolina primary returns come in (polls closed at 6:00 pm local). At 6:15 I was ladling soup into bowls (a ridiculously delicious fat-free creamy asparagus) when Jeff hollered in that they were calling it for Obama with 1% of the votes in. Yowsa! Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it was a bit anticlimactic.

The talking heads on the teevee are making it sound like Hillabill's liar-liar-pants-on-fire rampage against Obama last week turned off a lot of voters. I can't wait to hear the final voter stats.

Obama speaks at 8:00. Now that he's won SC, I wonder if he'll use tonight (a la Mickey Kaus) to try to undo the "black candidate" role Hillabill cleverly boxed him into.

And now we can look forward to Super Duper Tuesday when the rest of us get to have a say about who we want to represent us [insert rant about the idiotic primary system here]. I volunteered to canvas for Obama here in town next weekend... should be fun.

As an aside, this really pisses me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home