Monday, November 12, 2007

Fool Me Once...

I'd support this resolution if it also named the PKK as a terrorist organization. That's what it would take to convince me that we're truly interested in targeting terrorism as opposed to just targeting Iran. Otherwise I'm sensing a weird sort of Iraqi deja vu that it'll be bundled with a few other convenient outrages and used to sell the sheeple a new war for oil.
While the resolution, by Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., attracted overwhelming bipartisan support, a small group of Democrats said they feared labeling the state-sponsored organization a terrorist group could be interpreted as a congressional authorization of military force in Iran.
Criz-azy! I mean, where would anyone ever get an idea like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home