Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hmmmm... Interesting

I just read on The Drudge Report that Alan Greenspan has said this:
However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is likely to provoke the most controversy. “I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,” he says.

Greenspan, 81, is understood to believe that Saddam Hussein posed a threat to the security of oil supplies in the Middle East.

I have always looked at Greenspan as an Oz-like "man behind the curtain"... half scholar, half quack. His comments strike me as interesting, tho, since I've recently started to give more credence to the blood for oil theory (see my previous post on the topic here).

I'm relatively pragmatic about what needs to be done for the sake of protecting our national interests. That said, the karmic retribution for playing the ME for oil has always been a bit of an ass kicker. Every time we engage in a little puppet theater over there, or try to stack the monarchy deck, or attempt to manipulate the balance of power, it comes back to bite us in the ass in one glorious way or another.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Birthday Girl!

Thinking tonight of the Monday night 40 years ago - Ed was starting his Masters at NIU and I didn't have a clue that you would be born in the morning, or that I would keep your dad up all night timing contractions and reading the book about what to expect when you're expecting! Know I've told you this so many times, but you were a very special event and I'll never forget that night. You're always in my heart and I love you so much. Have a wonderful Birthday (week and month)

7:37 PM, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

Hi Mom... thanks. :-)

Feeling a bit traumatized by the whole 4-0 thing.

Ugh.

8:14 PM, September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home