Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This And That

  • Kirsten took 2nd place in the school's annual poetry slam tonight. For those keeping track (hi Mom!), this is her third year competing and the third year she's placed. Sophomore year she got 3rd, Junior year she got 1st. Go Kirsten!!! Whoot whoot!
  • Obama has had a rough month. I was at an actual out-of-the-house social event on the night of the first Dem primary debate so I didn't get to watch it but I did hear he wasn't at peak. And now he's overstated the recent Kansas tornado death toll. *sigh
  • Cheney is off to Iraq to reprimand the Iraqi government as they prepare to take a two month vacation. Good. Per Drudge:
    One congressman said, "How can our daughters and sons spill their blood while the Iraqi parliament goes on vacation? The president responded, "The Vice President is over there to tell them, 'Do not go on vacation.'"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB, KIRSTEN!!!! Congratulations on your poetry win - and congratulations, Simone, for deepening the gene pool by giving birth to (0ne of) my talented granddaughter(s. I love you all.

1:55 PM, May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go, kirsten !
congratulations!

aunt t

1:06 PM, May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 - hard to imagine that the yahoos
in the bush admin don't recognize
the value of a vacation?!

Reminds me of the local postmaster ...
gets a few months off after about
30 years ... but doesn't think
I should have more than a week.
PLUS he says it should be the same
week each year and I need to tell him NOw when that will be.

aunt t
on PUBIC servants

1:10 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Logic101 said...

Aunt T,
I want to be a postman.

Love!

10:06 PM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home