Thursday, December 14, 2006

Joke's On Me

Oh. My. Gawd.

I was so, so wrong when I wrote this:
Which explains, I think, the broad, rockstar appeal of the article's subject, Barack Obama. People gravitate toward him like moths to a candle (myself included). He is a phenomenon everywhere he goes. I cannot argue against his relative inexperience but he has a lightness that is rare and desirable... there appears to be no animus in him whatsoever. And I find it highly -- highly -- unlikely that the right will find much in him to make fun of.
Naturally it took the right only 3 days to come up with this crap, proudly displayed by Drudge and other righty sites. Hey morons -- it's a humor technique called self-deprecation. Try it sometime.

It's going to be a long 23 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home