Sunday, October 29, 2006

Obama 2008

OK, I admit that I did say a while back that Obama needed more time to mature as a politician before running for president. I have changed my mind. I don't want a mature politician in that office, I want a competent leader. A statesman. I listen to this man speak and it affirms the rightness of everything I believe in. I have decided I don't want him tainted by lobbyists and quid pro quos like every other career politician. I'd rather have him young and inexperienced.

I would challenge anyone to listen to this Take Back America speech and the one in the previous post and tell me that this man would not be good for America.

You can also listen to Obama's positions on various topics via his web podcasts. Listening to his energy independence speech, I swear he has read my thoughts exactly.

He'll probably have to do a grassroots end run around the DLC but to hell with Hillary... I want Obama. The best case scenario would be for the Dems to take the Senate in 2006 in order to stop, or at least slow down, the damage currently being done by Bush and company (I don't mind the idea of a divided congress if the Repubs should happen to keep the House). Then I'd like to see Obama run a bold primary campaign against Hillary. Despite conventional wisdom, I think she's entirely beatable. The Democratic base doesn't trust her and besides... all this Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton WH is starting to get creepy. I think Obama will have broad centrist appeal. In fact, I believe that of all modern politicians he alone has the ability to unite us again as Americans and undo all of the bad blood that's been brewing since the day Clinton took office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home